GlamOfficial


Fashion Styling, Publicity, Social Media Marketing.

You can also advertise with us.

It's all about the glam!

Welcome!!!!

Monday 19 March 2012

#GLAMSPOTLIGHT: YOLANDA OKEREKE a.k.a RANI




Yolanda a.k.a Rani is a celebrity and editorial fashion stylist whose portfolio of projects ranges from red-carpet looks to on-camera ensembles. Her list of clients include Monalisa Chinda, Rita Dominic, Nse Ikpe Etim, Kate Henshaw, AY, DJinee, Funke kuti, DJ Jimmy Jatt and a host of others. 

When challenged to create with no direction, Yolanda has the ability to immediately recognize what is needed and deliver. She is also the in-house stylist and style expert for BLOKE Magazine and www.thenetng.com.
Definitely the go to “It girl” of Fashion!


Who is Yolanda?
Yolanda is the simple girl next door that sets out everyday to a lovely and fun career and makes the best of it as it comes. She's a Chemical Engineer turned Fashion Blogger, Fashion Editor, Fashion Stylist and Movie Wardrobe Consultant. My name is Yolanda Okereke and I work for Rani Enterprise (I'm the C.E.O.), Bloke Magazine and The NET.
What's the story behind how you started styling?
I stumbled into Styling while in my designing path. I started off as a designer in school and even after school, a stressful and capital intensive path I must say. So in my quest for satisfaction in pleasing my clients I decided to experiment styling and it stuck and got the best part of me and we've been rolling ever since. My first client was Monalisa Chinda, she really encouraged me and gave me the push I needed. 
As a stylist what have you faced?
Indeed I'll say I have faced so much. A lot of disappointment and dissatisfaction, but with wisdom I have managed and survived. In the movie sector, having to shuttle different casts and sort them out, it's not easy. Also financial constraints and Lagos traffic, Aaarrghhhh! In all, I enjoy it.

DJ Sose, Uche Jombo & DJinee Styled by Yolanda Okereke
What separates you from other fashion stylists in the industry?
I really do not know. Everyone is different and unique in their own way. My drive for satisfying my client and my style is simple; Simplicity is Sophistication.

Which client would you say was your favourite to shoot?
Monalisa Chinda, when we did the Exquisite magazine shoot, I enjoyed every bit of it from fitting her into the clothes when she really wasn't feeling it, to dressing her hair and directing the make up. It was a fabulous shoot over champagne and I must say the best ever.

Also AY (the comedian) I was star struck because I'm a big fan and he made it so easy. A wonderful human being I must say.
Which designers inspire you?

DVF; I love the cut of her clothes. They work for the woman of class, style and taste.
Nse Ikpe-Etim, Chioma Akpotha, Rita Domic and Ini Edo Styled by Yolanda Okereke
What's your alternative to fashion?
School of the Arts - I have a passion for Dancing and Music. So it would be that or my Chef ways, maybe a Chef in some big hotel, teasing taste buds and satisfying hungry tummies.

Describe yourself in 10 words
I Am Who I Am, And Love What I Do.

What do you think would change about you in 10 years or less?
 
A) A lovely family blessed with a husband and kids.

B) A successful business - to be bigger in my field
C) To make a difference

Who are some of the artists that you have worked with?
I've worked with loads of them: Kel, Wizkid, Skales, Banky, MI, Jesse Jags, Lami, Waje, Eva, Muna, 2 Shotz, Djinee, Yemi Alade, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Ojo, Mocheddah, Ice Berg Slim, Style Plus.

Styled by Yolanda Okereke
What is your least favourite aspect of the job?
Being stuck in traffic on my way for an appointment or job. It makes me look unserious. Fitting severally (mostly when the client isn't one that listens).
Some clients are spontaneous and very impromptu, so that kind of throws me off balance and sets me on a helter skelter motion.

What’s your best advice for someone looking to get into fashion styling?

If you do not have a flair for it, it will turn out to be a roller coaster and you won't enjoy it; if you do have a flair for it, it will be a lovely adventure and joy ride. Brace yourself. Its fun, you would love it. 

If you’d like to contact Yolanda please follow the link: https://twitter.com/#!/ranigisele

7 comments: