GlamOfficial


Fashion Styling, Publicity, Social Media Marketing.

You can also advertise with us.

It's all about the glam!

Welcome!!!!

Monday 5 March 2012

#GLAMSPOTLIGHT: UCHEUGO

Who exactly is UcheUgo? How would you describe yourself?
UCHEUGO is a creative/reserved dude...operates as a freelance VISUAL DESIGNER/DIGITAL MEDIA CONSULTANT. I'm just me.


How did you get into graphic design?
Hmmmm well, I found myself sketching all sorts of things and when doing it, I'm always happy so I decided to do it more professionally. Even though I didn't study Fine Arts, I just knew I got something that had to do with ART, so I pursued it.. all I knew then was just me taking tutorials online, via google and practicing it. Later awhile, ROSABEL LEOBURNETT Advertising Agency gave me an opportunity to pitch my tent and that was how it all started...(smiles). They gave me the post of ART DIRECTOR straight up and I'm like WOW. It was fun for me cos I learnt a lot as I was working for them..that was my first advertising agency where I worked. Awesome experience and I'm still learning.

What do you like best about what you do?
Well, it has given me the opportunity to meet a lot of awesome people, work with awesome celebrities, opportunity to work on brands such as: Indomie Noodles,Tom-Tom, SEAMANS, Gala, Business School of Netherlands,Village Kitchen and much more!

Where do you get your inspiration and ideas for your unique designs?
God first, google.com has always been my friend and also, I read and buy a lot of magazines like fashion, entertainment magazines..and yeah my mum. I can remember there was a time she saw me designing and she said "Uche, can you apply A to B and see if it works..and wow the finished product was awesome. MUM, I LOVE YOU! xoxoxo.

Who are some of your biggest influences in design?
I have a lot of them I'm telling you.. they know themselves lol.
 
What do you like to do when not on the job?
I listen to music, I go out too see a movie, I lounge with friends.. I just do whatever I wanna do as long as I will be catching fun.

List 3 things that designers should try to do with their designs.
1. Try to showcase your works via the internet. Get a website or create a portfolio page somewhere just incase of necessity. You never can tell who is looking at it.
2. Have a mentor you can always show your works to when you are done before throwing it out. 
3. See other people's jobs and compare your skill.
What can we expect to see from you in the future?
(Smiles) The future is now. I have several things to be unleashed. Like nobody knows I sing and play the piano. Just few people do, so I have a single called "OBI'M"; a love song. This is just to let people know the other side of me cos "ART IS MUSIC". Also expect to see my MAGAZINE and other things. I just told you two things lol. *LIPS SEALED* on the rest.

Twitter: @UCHEUGO

1 comment: